Valentine's Day Party Games
Active Valentine Games
Average User Rating:
Check out these active valentine games that will be sure to get your Valentine's Day party moving!
- CD or MP3 player
- CD or MP3s of love songs
How To Play: Begin playing music, everyone moves and dances until the music stops then they must "freeze" in whatever position they happen to be in.
- Heart for each child with instruction written on one side and a heart-shaped chocolate taped on the other.
- Instructions might include: Hop like a bunny, walk like a crab, bear walk, skip, walk backwards, etc.
How To Play: Children divide into two teams. Put the hearts at the end of the room in two piles. On your mark the first child on each team runs to the pile, takes a heart and does what the heart says, while returning to their team, then sits down. The next team member then runs to the pile...etc. The first team to be sitting down wins. Everyone enjoys a chocolate in the end.
- Pillow heart for each team.
How To Play: Children divide into two teams. Give each team a heart pillow. Pillow size should be larger for younger children and smaller for older children. Have one child from each team place the heart between their legs and hop to the end of the room and back. They sit down and the next team member goes. This repeats until one team is all sitting.
- Large laminated red hearts, taped to the floor, one for each child
- Love songs
How To Play: Every child begins by standing on a heart that has been taped to the floor. Start the music and have the children walk around the room. When the music stops they need to stand on a heart or they're out. Remove one heart after each musical segment.
Heart Filled Candy Toss
- Large cardboard with heart-shaped candy box drawn on one side. Good size hole cut-out in center of heart, or a few small holes for older kids.
- Brown square bean bags (chocolate)
- Bucket to hold bean bags
- Tape to mark distance line
How To Play: Place cardboard heart-shaped candy box a little distance from a wall with a paper box lid on floor to catch chocolate bean bags. Mark your distance line according to age and skill of children. Line children up behind the line and place a bucket of chocolate bean bags beside them. Give each child three tries to get their bean bag through the hole. Get all three chocolate bean bags in and earn a 'chocolate' reward.
- Chairs with laminated hearts taped to the seats
- Love songs
How To Play: A variation of the original ;)